Saturday, April 24, 2010

MARA SCHOLARSHIP PILN INTERVIEW 2010 EXPERIENCE : izxfar

DATE : 13 APRIL 2010 (TUESDAY)
TIME : 4.00 PM (mine start at 5.20 PM)
VENUE : PEJABAT MARA TERENGGANU
COURSE : ENGINEERING FRANCE

THE EXPERIENCE


BEFORE INTERVIEW

-the application of JPA/MARA Scholarship PILN 2010 and has open on the 11 March 2010 more info
-the closing date was 7 days after the SPM result which was on 18 March 2010 more info
-all the applicant must register at eSILA JPA website
-read the manual first and then FAQ Permohonan Tajaan JPA dan MARA Untuk Lepasan SPM 2009 Di Bawah Program Ijazah Luar Negara
-read carefully the minimum requirement of the course that you will apply
-after shortlisted, you need to take a Ujian Khas Persekutuan JPA and create an essay about self, background education and career planning. sample MARA essay [1][2]

THE PREPARATION

-verify all the photocopy document
-arrange your document nicely
-search as much information about the course and country

ON THE INTERVIEW

-I arrive at MARA Terengganu at 3.00 pm after having lunch (feeling dizy at that time, it is not a good sign)
-there were two young ladies at the registration table (both of them are from the MARA HQ), they told me that the registration time for 4 pm session will be open at 3.45pm
-I don't know where to go since at that time i'm still feeling headache, then I just wait with both ladies. then they please me to have a seat, since there was an empty seat at the registration table
-I chatted with them (they are very friendly) and I asked them to check my documents, one of them gave me a mineral bottle
-after registration session, both of them showed us the interviewer room (I am in panel 3)
-at the room I saw a lady waited us while watching a movie on her laptop (maybe she bored)
-as I mentioned above I was the last person to be interviewed and at that day I was the only one who applied Engineering France
-while waiting my turn, En Shah from UEM called me to tell about the UEM interview on 19 April (first stage) and 21 April (second stage)
-before my turn, an officer MARA and the practical student lady from UNISEL chated with me to relief the tension since I was the last person

Questions And Answers

Q: Dah makan ke belum? Datang dari mana? Pukul berapa sampai?
A: (I asked them what language they wanted me to speak)
Q: Cakap biasa jer.. Just ice-breaking..
A: (I just answered in Malay)

Q: What do you know about this programme?
A: I know this Engineering France from my senior and I also have conducted a research about it... (explanation)
Q: Mata OK tak?
A: For now my health is OK (confuse to answer it in Malay or English)

Q: Why do you think we should choose you? Please promote your self ?
A: (I told them about my co-curricular activity and leadership)
Q: Can you speak Mandarin?
A: I can speak in 3 languages.. which is Malay (they laugh when I said it), English and Arabic... (I told them that I want to learn Mandarin but I dont have the time since I have joined English Programme)

Q: Is there any questions?
A: (I asked about the France programme : even I already know about it - just to confirm)...May I know your name?
Q: Why do you want to know our name?
A: I want to send a thank you letter
Q: Tak payah la..Kami buat kerja kami jer.. cakap kat sini jer..

-It was just around 10 minutes
-the main question they asked me in English but they interrupted my speech in Malay and thats make me little bit confuse to answer it
-MARA just want to know our education, carrier planning (same goes to essay)

*Wish to secure MARA scholarship even though I'm still not satisfy with my answers and the questions that was given to me

4 comments:

  1. hi, thank you 4 sharing ur xperience
    in case u might know, how many A+ A and A- should I get to be called for Mara interview?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. Definitely a great post. Hats off to you! The information that you have provided is very helpful.
    big data course
    supply chain analytics beginner's guide
    data analytics course
    360DigiTMG

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it!
    big data training
    supply chain analytics beginner's guide
    data analytics course

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice article. I liked very much. All the information given by you are really helpful for my research. keep on posting your views.
    data analytics courses in delhi

    ReplyDelete